Our investment beliefs
Being Independent Financial Advisers, we are not wedded to particular investment managers or types of investment solutions. The most important point is that the investment is suitable for our clients and will help them meet their financial planning objectives.
We have core investment beliefs that underpin the advice we give our clients and therefore the investment solutions we prefer to use.
1. We only ever recommend regulated investments and we do not follow the latest investments fads.
2. We recognise that active and passive investment strategies both have a role to play in providing the right solution for our clients.
3. We are not overly cost sensitive, believing that better fund performance will outweigh higher charges, within reason.
4. We believe that clients are best served by holding a diversified range of investments in a suitable tax wrapper, such as an ISA or pension, over the medium to long term.
5. We believe in time in the markets, not timing the markets.
6. Clients should invest in line with their attitude to risk and capacity for loss.
7. We believe that short-term trading for marginal gains is typically not in our clients' interests.
8. We believe that clients should consider Sustainable investments as part of a portfolio.
9. Except for cash held for short-term income requirements or some other specific purpose, we believe clients are best served by being invested in risk assets to provide growth in line with their needs.
10. We believe in working with like-minded investment professionals to deliver investment solutions for our clients, subject to ongoing reviews and due diligence.
We will not deviate from our investment beliefs.