Governance in action
We have set up the Bailey Cook Investment Committee to oversee the range of investment solutions we recommend for our clients.
We believe these governance arrangements set us apart from other financial advice firms and help demonstrate our commitment to delivering better outcomes for our clients. It also complements our status as a firm of Chartered Financial Planners and fits well with the associated code of ethics. Whilst the members are in regular communication about investment matters, the Committee meets formally four times a year, and more often if market conditions require it.
Visibility and control
The Committee operates under a tightly defined Terms of Reference and the core responsibilities include:
- Managing the Bailey Cook retirement and investment proposition and ensuring that the type of solutions available are suitable for the typical needs of our clients.
- Carrying out fund research and managing ongoing relationships with the relevant fund managers.
- Reviewing crucial aspects such as investment performance, cost, and levels of risk, when assessing whether we wish to start, stop, or continue using an investment solution.
- Detailed analysis of funds and portfolios (our 'monthly synopsis'), including the percentage they invest in each type of asset and the underlying funds they invest in, so we can assess any overlap or differences.
- Keeping abreast of market changes and introducing new solutions as and when required, subject to the appropriate level of research and due diligence.
- Setting the minimum standards and criteria which investment solutions must meet before we consider them for our clients.
- Producing periodic news and investment updates to keep our clients informed.
The Committee is chaired by independent non-executive Chairman Jon Baker, and the other members are Charles Bailey, Andrew Cook and Katherine Scholtz. Please see the Meet the Team page for their details and experience.
Whilst we have a core range of well-researched investment solutions that meet the typical needs of our clients, we do of course research and utilise funds and other investment products from the whole of the market if required, based on the client's personal needs and objectives.
The core objective of the Committee is to help our clients sleep well at night, knowing that we are regularly reviewing and monitoring their funds on an ongoing basis and making any necessary changes should the need arise.